Transform your lifestyle with our comprehensive approach to treatment
Our team of expert exercise physiologists is dedicated to helping you discover the numerous benefits of clinical exercise physiology.
Whether you are a high-performance athlete seeking to optimize your training or an individual looking to improve your overall health and wellness, we have the expertise and clinical knowledge to help you achieve your goals.
Enhance your wellness with professional massage therapy
As specialists in delivering exercise and behavioral change interventions, we are trained to prevent and manage a wide range of conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, depression, and arthritis.
By utilizing exercise and movement as an intervention method, we can help you manage acute and chronic conditions, rehabilitate long-term injuries, and empower you to take control of your body.
At our clinic, we take a holistic approach to exercise physiology, prioritizing your overall physical and mental wellbeing. We work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that includes the right exercises, habits, and behaviors to transform your lifestyle and achieve sustainable, long-term results.
Whether you need rehabilitation from an injury, support for a chronic condition, or simply want to improve your overall health and wellbeing, our team of expert exercise physiologists is here to help you every step of the way.
Here are some benefits you can expect from our Exercise Physiologist treatments:
- Improved physical function: Exercise physiology can help you improve your physical function by providing a personalized exercise plan that is tailored to your needs and goals.
- Enhanced recovery from injury: Exercise physiology can aid in the recovery from injuries by providing a rehabilitation plan that focuses on strengthening and flexibility exercises.
- Disease management: Exercise physiology can help manage chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and arthritis, by developing an exercise plan that supports your overall health and well-being.
- Increased motivation: Having an exercise physiologist on your team can increase your motivation to exercise and improve your adherence to your exercise plan.
- Improved mental health: Exercise physiology can help improve your mental health by reducing stress, anxiety, and depression, and promoting a sense of well-being.
- Personalized guidance: With exercise physiology, you receive personalized guidance from an expert who can help you overcome barriers to exercise, set realistic goals, and provide ongoing support and encouragement.
Frequently asked questions
What is exercise physiology?
Exercise physiology involves the study of how the body responds to physical activity and exercise, and the use of this knowledge to develop exercise interventions for individuals with various conditions and injuries. These interventions can help manage acute and chronic diseases, prevent future health problems, and promote better physical function, overall health, and wellbeing.
Does medicare cover clinical exercise physiology?
If you have a chronic condition or complex care is needed for a serious injury, Medicare covers exercise physiology. If you’re unsure whether your circumstances qualify you for cover, feel free to contact our team, and we can advise you further.
What’s the difference between exercise physiology and physiotherapy?
Though both professions address joint and muscle pain and injury, exercise physiology also includes interventions for diseases and conditions beyond the scope of physiotherapy. At MediSport Clinics, we offer customized exercise physiology and physiotherapy services to cater to the individual needs of our patients.
How can exercise physiology benefit athletes?
Athletes, regardless of their fitness level, may experience repetitive injuries that can hinder their performance, cause season-ending injuries or prevent them from participating in their favorite activities. By incorporating exercise physiology, athletes can learn injury prevention techniques, and receive personalized exercise regimens designed to strengthen their body, prevent recurring injuries, and help them achieve their athletic goals more efficiently.
Can sports physiology be used to improve overall health and fitness?
Yes, sports physiology can be used to improve overall health and fitness by providing a better understanding of how the body responds to exercise. By developing personalized exercise programs based on an individual's goals and needs, sports physiologists can help people achieve better health outcomes, such as reducing the risk of chronic diseases like obesity and diabetes.